Hakomi Therapy is body-centered, experiential, talk therapy. It’s a cutting-edge approach to healing that is distinctly different than the traditional analytical approach also offered by the Men’s Resource Center, yet completely complementary.
Hakomi uses present-moment awareness of the body as the primary gateway to deeper self-discovery. It’s an unbelievably gentle process, yet powerful by way of its depth of care.
By working at the interface of body, mind, and emotion, Hakomi offers healing in many areas, including:
- Emotional issues such as anxiety, depression, grief, anger, and low self-esteem
- Somato-emotional issues such as chronic tension, migraines, fibromyalgia, and gastrointestinal disorders
- Physical, emotional, and sexual abuse
- Behaviors that sabotage relationships
- Unconscious patterns that interfere with personal fulfillment
Hakomi Therapy offers a direct way to understand the language of the body, which is crucial for emotional healing, and offers powerful tools for breaking out of unhealthy patterns such as addiction, rage, or depression. This experiential therapy has brought many men something they didn’t believe possible: the ability to access emotions, express them intelligently, and experience true intimacy.
Contact the Men’s Resource Center to learn how Hakomi Therapy can help you.